Prof Robert MacKay
Director of Mathematical Interdisciplinary Research, Mathematics Institute, University of Warwick.|
Address: Prof RS MacKay
University of Warwick
Coventry CV4 7AL
Phone: +44 2476522218
Fax: +44 2476524182
Research Node: International
Role in NetworkCOSNet Management Committee Member - Node Coordinator International
Academic - Researcher
COSNet Research Themes
1. Irreversibility and Emergence in Nonequilibrium Systems
2. Turbulence and Coherent Structures, Control and Computation
3. Dynamics and Statistics of Multi-Scale Systems
4. Network Theory
5. Cellular Automata, Agent-Based Modelling and Simulation
COSNet Application Areas
1. Complex Physical Systems
2. Complex Biological Systems
3. Complex Computational Systems
4. Complex Socio-Economic Systems
Research TopicsDynamical Systems and applications.
Publications1. G Gielis, RS MacKay, Coupled map lattices with phase transition, Nonlinearity 13 (2000) 867--888.
2. RS MacKay, Discrete Breathers: classical and quantum, Physica A 288 (2000) 174--198.
3. SV Bolotin, RS MacKay, Periodic and chaotic trajectories of the second species for the $n$-centre problem, Cel Mech Dyn Astron 77 (2000) 49--75.
4. RS MacKay, Complicated dynamics from simple topological hypotheses, Phil Trans Roy Soc London A 359 (2001) 1479--96.
5. TJ Hunt, RS MacKay, Anosov parameter values for the triple linkage and a physical system with a uniformly chaotic attractor, Nonlinearity 16 (2003) 1499--1510.
Professional or Public Outreach ActivitiesMany conferences and workshops organised, of which recent examples are:
Director of LOCNET final conference, Erice, 21-27 July 2003 (joint with a NATO ARW)
Director of LOCNET Training school, Les Houches, 27 Jan - 1 Feb 2003
Co-organiser of Dynamical Systems 2000, Edinburgh, 10-14 July 2000
plus session organiser at several conferences, scientific committee of many...
Director of Mathematical Interdisciplinary Research at Warwick, including overseeing about 10 halfday meetings on interdisciplinary topics per year.
Coordinator of EC Research and Training network LOCNET (1.5MEuro) 1 Mar 00-29Feb04
Member of EPSRC critical mass project on Mathematical architecture of biological regulation (1.26Mpounds) Oct03-Sep07
Host for EC Individual Fellowship on Quantum tunnelling rotobreathers (Litvak-Hinenzon),
107772 Euro, 29.8.02 -- 28.8.04