Professor Bambi Hu
Chair Professor and Head|
Address: Department of Physics
Hong Kong Baptist University
Phone: (852) 3411-7029
Fax: (852) 3411-5813
Research Node: International
Role in Network
Academic - Researcher
COSNet Research Themes
1. Irreversibility and Emergence in Nonequilibrium Systems
2. Turbulence and Coherent Structures, Control and Computation
3. Dynamics and Statistics of Multi-Scale Systems
4. Network Theory
5. Cellular Automata, Agent-Based Modelling and Simulation
COSNet Application Areas
1. Complex Physical Systems
2. Complex Biological Systems
3. Complex Computational Systems
4. Complex Socio-Economic Systems
Research Topics1. Heat conduction in nonlinear systems
2. Frenkel-Kontorova Model
3. Quantum chaos
4. Synchronization and control of chaos
Publications1. B. Hu, B.Li, and H. Zhao, "Heat conduction in one-dimensional chains", Phys. Rev. E 57, 2992 (1998).
2. Z. Zheng, G.Hu, and B. Hu, "Phase slips and phase synchronization of coupled oscillators", Phy. Rev. Lett. 81, 5318 (1998).
3. B. Hu, B. Li, J. Liu, and Y. Gu, "Quantum chaos of a kicked particle in an infinite potential well", Phys. Rev. Lett. 82, 4224 (1999)
4. B. Hu and J. Tekic, "Breather induced modification of the speed of sound", Phys. Rev. Lett. 87, 035502 (2001).
5. C. Zhou, J. Kurths, and B. Hu, "Array enhanced coherence resonance: Nontrivial effects of heterogeneity and spatial independence of noise", Phys. Rev. Lett. 87, 098101 (2001).
6. P. Tong, B. Li, and B. Hu, "Electronic properties in a 1D Frenekel-Kontorova model", Phys. Rev. Lett. 88, 046804 (2002).
7. B. Li, L. Wang, and B. Hu, "Finite thermal conductivity in 1D models having zero Lyapunov exponents", Phys. Rev. Lett. 88, 223901 (2002).
8. B. Hu, B. Jin, L. Wang, and H. Yang, "Comment on 'Finite heat conduction in a 2D disorder lattice'", Phys. Rev. Lett. 90, 119401 (2003).
9. G.V. Osipov, B. Hu, C. Zhou, M.V. Ivanchenko, and J. Kurths, "Three types of transition to phase synchronization in coupled chaotic oscillators", Phys. Rev. Lett. 91, 024101 (2003).
10. B. Hu, L. Yang, and Y. Zhang, "Asymmetric heat conduction in nonlinear lattices", Phys. Rev. Lett. 97, 124302 (2006).
End-User ApplicationsDesign of thermal devices such as thermal rectifiers, diodes and transistors.
Professional or Public Outreach Activities1. Dynamics Days Asia-Pacific
2. The Beijing-Hong Kong-Singapore Joint Centre for Nonlinear and Complex Systems
GrantsHong Kong Research Grants Council HKBU 2007/06P
Membership/Fellowship of Key OrganisationsAmerican Physical Society
Physical Society of Hong Kong